Share Point and Office 365
What is SharePoint Online?
SharePoint is one of the most important applications in the Office 365 platform. It is a web-based system that is the foundation for file hosting, collaboration, and content management. SharePoint is an app is dedicated to internal use between the organization users. SharePoint Online allows you to build web portals that manage collaboration and communication in the company.
What is SharePoint used for?
During work in the SharePoint you will be able to build multiple SharePoint sites that will allow you to:
- create communication portals, like intranet, knowledge base or information page
- organize file-based collaboration based on SharePoint document libraries
- registration of the record in SharePoint lists
It is possible to extend the SharePoint features with other Office 365 apps to automate business processes and digitalize the manual work.
office 365 (Now Microsoft 365):-
Office 365, which has been rebranded as Microsoft 365, is a suite of cloud-based productivity tools and services offered by Microsoft. It includes applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and many others. Microsoft 365 also encompasses various online services and features that facilitate collaboration and communication. Some key components of Microsoft 365 include:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint: Familiar productivity applications available both online and offline.
- Outlook: Email and calendar management.
- Teams: A collaboration platform that includes chat, video conferencing, and document sharing.
- OneDrive: Cloud storage for individual users.
- SharePoint Online: A cloud-based version of SharePoint for document management and collaboration.
- Exchange Online: Cloud-hosted email and calendaring service.
- Azure Active Directory: Identity and access management.
- PowerApps and Power Automate: Tools for building custom apps and automating workflows.
- Yammer: A social networking platform for internal communication.
- Planner: A task management and project planning tool.
When using SharePoint in conjunction with Microsoft 365, you can seamlessly integrate document management and collaboration capabilities with the broader suite of productivity tools. This integration allows users to access and collaborate on SharePoint content within familiar applications like Word, Excel, and Teams, enhancing productivity and communication within the organization.
SharePoint is a web-based platform that provides tools for creating, managing, and sharing documents and information within an organization. It’s primarily used for document management, content collaboration, and intranet development. SharePoint allows users to:
- Store and organize documents and data in a centralized location.
- Create and manage team sites, intranet portals, and extranet sites.
- Collaborate on documents in real-time, making it suitable for co-authoring.
- Implement version control and document check-in/check-out.
- Set permissions and access controls to manage who can view or edit content.
- Create custom workflows for automating business processes.