Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals
Pharmaceutical and healthcare
PwC’s global network of pharmaceutical, biotech and medtech experts works with you to define and deliver effective solutions to the complex challenges affecting your business in all areas from innovation to regulation and patient engagement.
- Healthcare Providers: Healthcare providers include hospitals, clinics, doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals who offer medical services and treatments to patients.
- Primary Care and Specialized Care: Healthcare is often divided into primary care (general medical care) and specialized care (focused on specific medical conditions or specialties, such as cardiology or orthopedics).
- Healthcare Systems: Healthcare systems vary by country and can be publicly funded, privately funded, or a combination of both. They encompass the institutions and infrastructure that provide healthcare services.
- Insurance and Reimbursement: Healthcare often involves insurance providers who pay for medical services and treatments, and reimbursement mechanisms can be complex.
- Healthcare Technologies: The use of technology in healthcare has grown significantly, with electronic health records (EHRs), telemedicine, and medical imaging being prominent examples.