What is ServiceNow?
ServiceNow is software based on the cloud, providing IT services for automating business tasks and their management. ServiceNow is developed to create the workflow for enterprises and automate various processes approved by ITIL principles (Information Technology Infrastructure Library). ServiceNow allows you to customize itself based on your requirements. ServiceNow uses Machine Learning technology to automate the processes and create workflows.
ServiceNow is a cloud-based platform that provides a range of services and solutions for IT service management (ITSM), as well as other business functions. It is known for its robust capabilities in automating and streamlining various workflows and processes within an organization. Here are some key aspects of ServiceNow:
- IT Service Management (ITSM): ServiceNow’s ITSM solutions help organizations manage their IT services and support. It includes features like incident management, problem management, change management, and asset management.
- Service Management: Beyond IT, ServiceNow can be used for managing various other service-oriented functions within an organization, such as HR, customer service, and facilities management.
- Automation: ServiceNow offers powerful workflow automation capabilities, allowing organizations to automate routine tasks and processes. This can result in increased efficiency and reduced human error.
- Service Catalog: It provides a service catalog that allows users to request services and items, which can be managed and fulfilled through automated processes.
- Integration: ServiceNow can integrate with a wide range of third-party applications and systems, making it a central hub for managing various aspects of an organization’s operations.
- Reporting and Analytics: ServiceNow includes robust reporting and analytics tools that allow organizations to gain insights into their processes and make data-driven decisions.
- Customization: It is highly customizable, enabling organizations to tailor the platform to their specific needs.
- Security and Compliance: ServiceNow places a strong emphasis on security and compliance, making it suitable for organizations that have stringent data security requirements.
- Mobile Accessibility: ServiceNow offers mobile apps, allowing users to access the platform from anywhere, making it convenient for both employees and customers.
- Community and Marketplace: There is an active community of ServiceNow users and a marketplace for pre-built applications and integrations that can extend the platform’s functionality.
ServiceNow is widely used by large enterprises and organizations looking to streamline their service management processes, improve productivity, and enhance customer satisfaction. Its versatility allows it to be applied to a wide range of use cases beyond IT service management, which has contributed to its popularity.
Why use ServiceNow?
There are various reasons for using ServiceNow. Some of the reasons are as follows:
- ServiceNow allows its employees, stakeholders, and customers to modify the platform for their specific operations and workflows.
- It helps enterprises make a leap and come out of the crowd by providing service levels that will improve their workflow and automate tasks.
- ServiceNow helps create a structured work environment pattern and smoothens business processes with its artificial intelligence.
- Various customer dealing organizations can get better from this ServiceNow by providing a customer-friendly self-service portal where they can easily get what they want.
- ServiceNow is a SaaS (Software as a Service); therefore, you don’t need to configure your systems or take care of the new updates of the software. To learn more about the same, you can take up a SaaS in Cloud Computing course and upskill.
- The workflow becomes quick if you use ServiceNow, and almost every enterprise-level process can be automated using it.
- ITSM (IT Service Management) can be improved by up to 60% using ServiceNow.
- You can also easily manage HR services by implementing ServiceNow to the existing core HR and talent management applications.
Key Features of ServiceNow-:
- In this section, we will talk about some key features of ServiceNow:
- ServiceNow enables instance-based implementation.
- You can easily track assets in ServiceNow.
- The approval process can be controlled.
- Its activity dashboard can be used to track the activities.
- The improved operational tracking helps to track the operations performed.
- It doesn’t require much or complex configurations to get started with an enterprise.
- ServiceNow provides better customer support with negligible maintenance costs.
- You can visualize the real-time analysis of your processes.
- ServiceNow security gives confidentiality and integrity of data.
- You can easily customize the settings of ServiceNow based on your requirements.
History of ServiceNow-:
ServiceNow was founded in 2003 by Fred Luddy. When he founded ServiceNow, he was the former CTO of Peregrine Systems and Remedy Corporation. The headquarters of this company was in San Diego.
In 2006, the company was named ServiceNow, and it opened its first office in Silicon Valley in 2007.
In 2011, it partnered with Accenture and had 275 employees in its offices from several locations such as Chicago, San Diego, Atlanta, New York, London, and Frankfurt.
In 2012, ServiceNow launched its IPO with a $210 Million valuation.
In 2017, ServiceNow acquired a UI/UX company named Telepathy.
In October 2019, the company’s CEO was Bill McDermott, the former CEO of SAP SE, at the end of that year.